1. The permanent magnets are kept with soft iron pieces at ends as keepers
(a) to magnetize the soft iron pieces
(b) to avoid self-demagnetization
(c) to increase the strength of pieces
(d) for physical s safety of the magnet
2. An astronaut in a spaceship see the outer space as
3. One day you wake with a sore throat and runny nose. Your doctor takes a swab from your throat, sent it to a lab and telephones you the next day to say that antibiotic will not help you get better.
Which of the following is the most likely reason for the doctor’s statement?
(a)Having waited a day, it is too late to take an antibiotic
(b) You need an antiseptic, not an antibiotic
(c) You need to be vaccinated instead of taking an antibiotic
(d) You are infected by a virus
4. Teaching a concept of photosynthesis may be taught appropriately by which approach of science teaching?
(a) Teacher centered approach
(b) Learner-centered approach
(c) By both the above approaches
(d) None of the above
5. Consider the following statements
I. Carbon dioxide is one of the greenhouse gases.
II. An increase in the carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere would cause more heat to be retained by the atmosphere and lead to global warming.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) Only I
(c) I and II
(b) Only II
(d) None of these
6. “There should be continuous as well as periodic assessment” indicates
(a) unit test and term-end test
(c) only unit test
(b) term end test and unit test
(d) only term-end test.
7. Match the following
A. Stainless steel a. Utensils, pipes, nu
B. Duralumin b. Coins
C.Bronze c. Knives or blades
D.Brass d. Rockets
A B C D
(a) a b c d
(b) a c b d
(c) d c b a
(d) c d b a
8. A teacher wants to show the presence of starch and proteins in different food items. She gathers all the materials required to carry out the test as teaching aids. The learning objectives of the topic she wants to achieve can best be achieved by
(a) performing experiments in front of the class
(b) providing materials to the class students and asking them to test by themselves in the group.
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of the above
9. Other than spreading malaria, anopheles mosquitoes are also vectors of
(a) dengue fever
(d) yellow fever
10. Which metal is the best conductor of electricity?