Environment Studies MCQ Question with Answer:-
1. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
(a) Biosphere — Eduard Suess
(b) Ecosystem — A.P. de Candolle
(c) Ecology — A.G. Tansley
(d) Biodiversity — Reiter
2. Which of the following groups of gases contribute to the ‘Green House Effect’?
(a) Ammonia and Ozone
(b) Carbon mono-oxide and Sulphur di-oxide
(c) Carbon tetrafluoride and Nitrous oxide
(d) Carbon dioxide and Methane
3. Which one of the following is the correct definition of “ Agenda 21” ?
(a) It is an action plan of U.N.O for protecting human rights.
(b) It is a book of 21 chapters on nuclear disarmament.
(c) It is an action plan for the sustainable development.
(d) It is an agenda for the election of the president in the next meeting of SAARC.
4. Environmental degradation means
(a) Overall lowering of environmental qualities.
(b) Adverse change brought in by human activities.
(c) Ecological imbalance
(d) All the above
5. In case of a parasitic food chain, the shape of the pyramid of number is always:
(d) Not certain
6. What percent of area in the plain should be under forest?
(a) 21 %
7. What does the high Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) indicates?
(a) High level of Microbial Pollution
(b) Low level of Microbial Pollution
(c) Absence of Microbial Pollution
(d) Water is fully pure
8. Which of the following statement is incorrect about the Biosphere?
(a) The biosphere is a combination of the lithosphere, hydrosphere, and atmosphere
(b) The biosphere is missing at the extreme of north and south pole
(c) Organisms are uniformly present in Biosphere
(d) All of the above
9. Chipko Movement occurred in which of following region?
(a) Tribal areas of MP
(b) Rural area of Rajasthan
(c) Tehri Garhwal
(d) Darjeeling region
10. The concept of biodiversity hotspots is given by :
(a) F.P. Odum
(b) Norman Myers
(c) James Lovelock
(d) Rachel Carson